Managing and deploying iOS devices
This course is designed for network support teams who are responsible for the management and deployment of iOS devices.
This one-day course shows you how to manage and deploy iOS devices (iPad® and iPod touch®) to users in your school.
|Cost||£350 (plus VAT)|
- Sep 2013|
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Although not essential, basic knowledge of OS X® Lion would be advantageous.
This one-day course can be delivered onsite. Please contact RM Training on 01235 826125 or email@example.com for more information.
The key objective of this course is to allow you to gain practical experience of managing and deploying iPad or iPod touch in your school.
At the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the options for deploying iOS devices in school.
- Describe some of the features of iOS and its benefits in education.
- Demonstrate how files can be accessed and transferred to and from an iOS device.
- Use a deployment workflow for the initial configuration of iOS devices.
- Describe the methods of purchasing and deploying Apps to iOS devices.
- Tracking and securing iOS devices.
- Configuring iOS devices using different technologies.
Module 1: An introduction to iOS
- Features of iOS.
- App Navigation.
- Accessing files on the network.
- The different ways schools are deploying iOS devices.
Module 2: Deployment workflow
- Preparing for an iOS deployment.
- Activating iOS devices.
- Configuring iOS devices for the first time.
Module 3: Configuring individual devices
- Configuring wireless network access.
- Applying restrictions to an individual device.
Module 4: Configuring multiple devices using Apple Configurator
- How are iOS devices configured?
- What is Apple Configurator?
- The three stages of configuring multiple iOS devices.
Module 5: Configuration of multiple devices using OS X Lion server
- Using OS X Lion server.
- Using and configuring Profile Manager.
RM Training terms and conditions of sale