RM Remote Detective is now included as part of our standard network support offering.
When you need our help, we can now join you virtually via our fast, secure and easy to use remote support technology. Within moments we can access your desktop, enabling us to see what you see, providing quicker call resolution and less work for you. With our engineers alongside you, it's like having another pair of hands in your server room.
RM Remote Detective allows us to deliver a faster and easier diagnostics as part of your existing support contract.
Remote Detective is a tool that we can use to remotely connect to you to assist in call diagnosis when you log an incident with us.
How does it work?
- When you log a call with us, we will assess whether the call can diagnosed using a Remote Detective Session
- If Remote Detective is going to be used, we will arrange a session at a mutually agreeable time
- An engineer will connect to your network using the LogMeIn Rescue software and observe/ take control of your desktop as required. Engineers will spend a maximum of 60 minutes on each remote session actively diagnosing the issue and will book further sessions as required
- Our engineer will complete the diagnostics and agree any follow up actions with you. We will advise you how to fix the issue and suggest any further actions for you to complete at your convenience
- Once the issue has been resolved the call will be closed
What we'll do?
- Log your call within Service Call
- Assess whether a Remote Detective session is suitable for this type of problem
- Agree a suitable time for a Remote Detective session
- Ask permission to log into your network
- Take control of your desktop and ask you to describe/ show us the symptoms of the problem
- Undertake necessary diagnostic steps which could include reviewing log files, using performance monitoring tools and checking settings
- Advice you of how to fix the issue
- Close the call on confirmation that issue is resolved
What we ask you to do?
- Log the call in the usual way
- Agree a convenient time for a Remote Detective session if required
- Accept our request for access to your network
- Be available throughout the session
- Apply the fix and feedback the results if not within the session
- Agree call closure
Limitations of the Service
- This is a diagnostic service. Our engineers will not apply fixes as these often cannot be done without disrupting your service and should be completed outside of normal working hours
- Our engineers will not complete any tasks considered to be network management tasks. This includes creating users, changing access rights or changing passwords
- Individual remote sessions are limited to 60 minutes to ensure we can continue to deliver a great service to all of our customers. Further sessions can be booked as required