|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 11 Feb 2008
Last Updated : 06 Aug 2010
Content Ref: TEC1107996
To work through this document you need the following:
- An RM Asus miniBook in 'Easy mode'.
- A correctly configured wireless broadband router.
If the screenshots below don't match what you have on your computer, you may have one of the following:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP: See TEC1143516 in the Other Useful Articles section below.
- Linux Full Desktop mode: See TEC1320397 in the Other Useful Articles section below.
- On the Internet tab of the Desktop click on Wireless Networks.
- Click Wireless Networks.
- Ensure that the Enable Wireless check box is checked, then highlight the wireless network to which you want to connect to.
- Click Connect.
- If the wireless network is secured, you will be prompted to enter a key.
- Enter the correct key into the Key field and click OK, then click Close.
- On the main screen, click Network.
- Click the wireless connection that you just connected to.
- Click Properties.
- On the General tab, the Start Mode drop-down box will be set to Manual.
- Click the drop-down arrow and choose On Boot.
- Click OK.
- You will now be asked to 'Restart the connection'. Click Yes.
- A pop-up box will appear with the status of the connection.
- Do not click Cancel or Close, the box will close itself, then return you to the Network Connections screen.
- Click OK.
|Your RM Asus miniBook is now configured to connect to a wireless network. You can check this by opening the Network window from the Internet tab of the Desktop. You should see the wireless connection there and in the status column it should read enabled.|
My connection says connected, but I can't view any webpages.
If you have a Computers for Pupils connection to the Internet, have a look at TEC1108045 in the Other Useful Articles section below.
I have to re-enter the wireless key every time I connect.
The procedure above from step 7 ensures that your RM Asus miniBook will connect automatically when the computer starts. Check that you have followed through these steps.
I don't see any available wireless networks.
- You may be too far from an access point. Move closer and click Refresh.
- In Wireless Networks, the Enable Wireless box is unchecked. Check the box and click Refresh.
- If there are still no visible networks, your router or access point may be configured incorrectly.
- You may have a hardware fault with the RM Asus miniBook.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: rm, mini, book, minibook, cfp, wireless, broadband, adsl, access, point, connect, internet, configure,