|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 14 May 2008
Last Updated : 29 Oct 2012
Content Ref: TEC1186058
When using RM EasyLink or Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA), you may see the following warning.
This warning message appears when you have not downloaded and installed the root CA certificate.
Websites such as RM EasyLink or OWA require download and installation of the root CA certificate to the client Internet ExplorerŽ browser, for optimal performance and to prevent the warning message from appearing when accessing the site. This article uses RM EasyLink as an example.
The certificate needs to be downloaded to the client machine and installed in the correct manner. Failure to do this will result in the warning box showing every time that you access RM EasyLink.
To bypass the Certificate Authority warning screen that appears each time you access the website, RM recommends you to add your establishment's network as a trusted Certificate Authority. Follow the steps below to add your network as a trusted CA.
- On the RM EasyLink home page, choose the Download Certificate link (located at the bottom left corner of the window).
- When prompted, save the certificate to your desktop.
- Within Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Select the Content tab and click Certificates.
- From the certificates window, select Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
- Click the Import button and click Next.
- Click the browse button and locate the certificate file you saved to your desktop, and click Next.
- Confirm that the option 'Place all certificates in the following store' is set to Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click Next.
- At the security warning appears click Yes, and click Ok.
|The Root Certificate Authority for your establishment is now installed in your browser. |
The following message may be displayed when attempting to download the certificate:
"Internet Explorer cannot download the file certificate.crt from <Website address>. IE was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or can not be found. Please try again later."
To work around this issue:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- From the Advanced tab, select the 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk' option and click Ok.
- Now, browse to the page where you received the error and select the Download Certificate link again from the RM EasyLink website.
|Verifying the certificate has installed onto the client's Internet Explorer|
To verify that the certificate has installed into Internet Explorer, follow the procedure below:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools, then Internet Options.
- On the Content tab, select the Certificates. button.
- Click the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab, now order by Friendly Name.
- In this example, the CA CC3 School CA root certificate has been imported.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: community connect 3, ca, certificate, error, security, warning, IE7, Easylink, OWA