|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 11 Aug 2010
Last Updated : 10 Feb 2014
Content Ref: TEC1752218
We recommend using RM EasyMail Plus on web based applications only.
We do not support RM EasyMail Plus on iPhone, BlackBerry or Android devices. However, you could try the procedure below at your own risk.
If you have an IMAP or POP3 email client installed on your hand-held devices like Apple® iPhone®, BlackBerry® or Android device, you may configure RM EasyMail Plus by following the procedure recommended by your manufacturer.
|How to configure RM EasyMail Plus on an iPhone|
Follow the procedure below to configure RM EasyMail Plus on an iPhone 2G, 3G or 4G version.
- In the iPhone home screen, click the Settings icon and then click Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Click the Add Account link.
- Click the Other link.
- Click Add Mail Account.
- The following page must now be populated with the appropriate information:
||The display name that the email will be sent from.|
||Your email address.|
||The name you want the account to appear in, on your iPhone list.|
- Once completed, click Next.
- Ensure that the IMAP button is pressed. In the Incoming Mail Server, complete the following:
||full email address|
||Easymail account password|
Note: Use the same server address if you are specifying a POP3 server.
- In the Outgoing Mail Server, complete the following:
- Click Next.
- You account should then be verified and the setup is complete.
Note: When you receive the 'Cannot Connect Using SSL' prompt, click YES.
- Using the POP3 or IMAP method means the account will bypass the banned word checking, outbound virus scanning, attachment blocking and any restriction list applied to the account.
- POP3 also stores mail locally on the device so no back-up is available.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: easy mail, pop3, imap, pop, service, blackberry, iPhone, black berry, i phone, apple, android