|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 10 Jan 2005
Last Updated : 17 Mar 2010
Content Ref: TEC286290
|Summary||Troubleshooting information for the Epson projector, including warning light indicators, display problems and conflicts with Notebooks the projector is attached to.|
|No Image is Projected or a "No Signal" message is displayed|
To troubleshoot no image:
- Check the projector Power light is on. If it is not on, check the projector is plugged into the mains, that the socket is switched on, and then press the power button on the projector.
- Check the lens cover has been removed.
- Check the cables are securely attached and installed as per the User Guide.
- The image source may not be set correctly. Press the Source button on the Control Panel or the Computer, S-Video or Video button on the remote control to select the correct setting.
- Check in the Menu section under Video input signal to make sure that has been set correctly to RGB (Monitor) or YCbCr/YPbPR component video.
- If using a laptop you may need to press the FN and Monitor key on the keyboard.
If all of the above fail it may indicate a fault with the cable.
|The Lamp (Bulb) switches off after a period of time|
Is the warning light indicator red? If so, the projector is overheating which turns the light off automatically.
- Leave the projector to cool for a few moments.
- Once cooled, check nothing is blocking the ventilation vents.
- Check the air filter is clean and clean if necessary.
- Turn on the projector.
If the issue persists please contact your support provider for further assistance.
|The warning indicator light flashes red at 0.5 second intervals|
The warning indicator light flashing at 0.5 sec intervals indicates a problem with the projection lamp (bulb).
- Leave the projector to cool down for a few moments.
- Once the projector is cool and the fan has stopped running disconnect the power cord.
- Check the lamp is not broken and the lamp cover is securely in place.
- Reconnect the power cord and turn on the projector.
If the issue persists disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet and contact your support provider.
|The warning light is flashing red at 1 sec intervals|
|This indicates an internal problem with the unit. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet and contact your support provider.|
|The projected image has a pink tint|
The most likely cause is the colour is not set to RGB.
- Select Menu
- Set the colour adjustments to RGB
|Only part of the image or the message "Not supported" is displayed|
Check the PC's display resolution doesn't exceed the supported resolution and frequency e.g. XGA is 1024 by 768 and 60hz. To change the PC settings:
- Windows: Right-click the desktop, select Properties, click the Settings tab, and select a different resolution.
- Macintosh OS 9.x: From the Apple menu, choose Control Panels, then click Monitors or Monitors and Sound. Select a different resolution.
- Macintosh OS X: From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences, then click Display. Select a different resolution.
|The Image is wider at the top/bottom of the screen|
This is called keystone and is due to the projection angle not being perpendicular to the screen. To correct use the projectors inbuilt keystone function to adjust the image.
|The image is black and white when connecting to a Video/DVD player|
The projector does not support Scart to S-Video cables. Please use either:
- S-Video to S-Video
- Composite to Composite
|If you cannot find the solution to your issue on the RM Knowledge Library, you may need to call Epson direct. Please see the link in the Other Useful Articles section.|
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: projector, projectors, pink, display, displaying, displayed, warning light, lights, flashing light, temperature, rga, epsom, emp, emp-74, 74, led, leds, troubleshooting, problem, issue, lamp, bulb