|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 01 Aug 2007
Last Updated : 16 Jun 2009
Content Ref: TEC328019
SMART Technologies will periodically release updates to their software to improve your SMART Board experience. You should check and install these updates on a regular basis.
The updates will also contain program patches to improve the stability of the software. So if you are experiencing issues then you should always begin your diagnostics by checking for updates and installing any that you need.
|Pre-requisites - please read before progressing|
To install the updates, you should already have a version of the SMART Board software installed. There are many ways of checking this as follows:
- Look for a SMART Board software icon in your SystemTray.
- From the Start menu, select All Programs and look for SMART Board software in the programs listed.
- From the Start menu, select the Control Panel, double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon and look for SMART Board software in the list.
- Look for the Start Center window on your screen (usually there when set to auto-start at log on).
- Double-click Macintosh HD, select the Applications folder and look for SMART Board software folder.
To do the upgrade you will also need to download and install the software. Instructions can be found in 'TEC320935 - SMART Board software: How to download and install' in the Other Useful Articles section at the end of this article.
Updates are only available from version 8 of the software. If you are running version 7 or previous, please remove this software following the instructions in 'TEC475407 - Installation or removal issues with the SMART Board Software, all versions'. You then need to download and install the latest version of the software. Please see 'TEC320935 - SMART Board software: How to download and install'. Both of these articles can be found in the Other Useful Articles section below.
If you are running version 8 of the SMART Board software then you will only be able to update version 8. The updates will not upgrade you to version 9, which is the current version. To obtain version 9, please remove version 8 using TEC475407 and then download and install the latest version of the software using TEC320935.
|Upgrading the SMART Board software - PC|
- Right-click on the SMART Board icon in the SystemTray.
- Select the option to check for updates.
- At the SMART Product Update window you will see the version of the software installed at the moment. If there is an update available, this will be shown in this screen.
- Click Update to begin the updating process.
- Once you have clicked Update, a new Microsoft® Internet Explorer® window will open showing the SMART Technologies Web site download page.
- At this point, you need to follow the instructions for downloading and installing the latest version of the software in TEC320935.
- Before you begin installing the software update, please ensure you have closed all SMART Board software applications and windows; this includes the SMART Product Update window.
|Upgrading the SMART Board software - MAC|
If Start Center is being used:
- From the Start Center, select the Control Panel icon (spanner).
- Click on the About Software and Product Support button.
- Click on the Check for Updates button.
- This SMART Product Update window will appear. Follow the on screen instructions to update your software.
If Smart Center is not being used, you can update the SMART Board software by running SMART Product Update from the Applications folder.
To ensure the most recent version of the software has been installed, all you need to do is re-launch the SMART Product Update window and check the version installed on the PC or MAC.
We hope this article helped. If not, please have a look at the Other Useful Articles section below to see if any of these answer your questions, or use our Knowledge Library to search for the information.
And if you still need help, please telephone Support or use our award winning RM Support Online (www.rm.com/support).
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: smartboard, interactive, whiteboard, install, driver software, version, release, releases, versions, update, updates, whole, class, teaching, wct