|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 24 Jan 2006
Last Updated : 07 May 2010
Content Ref: TEC574602
|Operating System||MS Windows XP, RM ClassMate 5, RM Window Box for Win XP|
|Summary||Error message 'An error occurred while Clicker 5 was starting'. When you click on the Technical Support link, 'error 1250816' is displayed.|
|When a user tries to open Clicker 5, they see the message 'An error occurred while Clicker 5 was starting'.|
|This is a generic error that could be caused by the registration name being less than five characters long.|
If you install from the 5.10 or 5.20 CDs, you will not be allowed to enter a registration name of less than five characters. In this instance, please contact Crick Software directly by emailing email@example.com
If you have a previous version of Clicker 5 installed, please carry out the procedure below.
There are two ways that you can resolve this issue. The second involves editing the registry. If you are confident about editing the registry, then please follow through the second part of the procedure (Editing the registry). Please remember to back up the registry before you start.
- Log on as Manager.
- Click on Start, Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Clicker 5 from the list of installed programs and click on the Remove button.
- Follow through the Wizard to uninstall Clicker 5.
- Reinstall Clicker 5 and give a registration name of five or more letters.
If you are confident about editing the registry, you can use the following procedure:
- Log on as Manager.
- Click on Start, Run.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- Click on the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Click on the + next to Software.
- Click on the + next to Crick.
- Click on the Clicker 5 folder.
- Right-click on Registered Name and select Modify.
- In Value Data, enter a name of five letters or above and click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
The manufacturer of Clicker 5 (Crick Software) have this error documented on their Web site. Click here to access their site and use solution code C5WE1.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: 1250816, login, access, start, load