|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 06 May 2003
Last Updated : 13 Aug 2012
Content Ref: TEC6550
This article applies to users of the RM EasyMail Plus email system.
- Open Microsoft® Outlook® Express from the menu bar, and select Tools, Accounts.
- Choose the Mail tab and click on Add, Mail.
- Enter your real name or a descriptive name in the Display Name field and click Next.
- Select the option 'I already have an email address' and enter your EasyMail Plus email address, then click Next.
- Choose POP3 or IMAP as your incoming mail server type depending on your preference.
- Set the Incoming POP3 or IMAP mail server to:
- Set the Outgoing SMTP mail server to one appropriate for your Internet connection. For an RM IFL Internet connection, use post.rmplc.co.uk. If your school uses a different Internet connection, then you should seek advice from your supplier. Many ISPs have their own server such as smtp.freeserve.com, mail.btconnect.com, outbound1.equinoxit.com, etc. If your ISP does not have a mailserver that can be used, you should seek further advice from RM with regards to your school's email provision.
- Click Next.
- In the Account Name field, enter your full EasyMail Plus email address eg email@example.com.
- Enter your EasyMail Plus password into the Password field.
- Click Next and then Finish.
- RM Easymail Plus is a Web based email solution and accessing mail via the Web interface is the recommended login method.
- Using the POP3 or IMAP method allows the account to bypass the banned word checking, outbound virus scanning, attachment blocking and any restriction list applied to the account therefore we advise that only teachers or admin staff use it in this way.
- RM Support only provides the above advice regarding the configuration of Outlook® Express as an email client for RM EasyMail Plus. We are unable to provide general support relating to the use of Outlook® Express or any other third party email clients in conjunction with RM EasyMail Plus.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: easymail, plus, outlook express, 6550, email, mail, server, internet, pop3, imap, receive, upgrading