|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 18 Aug 2006
Last Updated : 13 Sep 2010
Content Ref: TEC732156
|When connecting an RM ClassBoard™ or RM ClassPad™ to an RM nBook™ UltraLight MkIII via its onboard Bluetooth connection, the InterWrite software will not allow you to find Bluetooth devices.|
|The onboard Bluetooth device in RM nBook UltraLight MkIII uses the Toshiba Bluetooth stack. However, InterWrite software works only with the Widcomm Bluetooth stack.|
|Please be aware that in order to resolve this issue, it is necessary to uninstall the Toshiba Bluetooth stack. This will in effect disable the onboard Bluetooth device and prevent it from being used. |
|Uninstall Toshiba Bluetooth stack|
- Log on to the RM nBook UltraLight MkIII as an administrative user.
- From the Start menu, choose Control Panel and click Add or Remove Programs.
- From the list of currently installed programs, click on Bluetooth Stack for Windows and then click Remove. Follow the on screen prompts selecting Yes to any questions asked.
- Once uninstalled, close Add or Remove Programs and navigate to Start and right-click on My Computer and Select Manage, which will open up the Computer Management window.
- From the left-hand column in Computer Management, expand System Tools and Click on Device Manager. In the right-hand column, right-click on the workstation name and select Scan for Hardware Changes.
- You may then be prompted by the Found New Hardware Wizard, select the 'No, not this time' radio button and click next and then click next again. Select the radio button next to 'No, do not connect to the Internet now' and click next again and then click Finish. You should now see a USB device that is unregistered in Device Manager (see image below).
|Install RM ClassBoard/RM ClassPad Bluetooth device|
- Install the latest version of the TDK Bluetooth software from the CD titled Bluetooth Software. Alternatively it can be downloaded from the Interwrite Learning Web site at: http://www.interwritelearning.com./
Bluetooth driver version 22.214.171.124 is required for use with InterWrite v4.0 or greater.
- Follow the on screen instructions and insert the Bluetooth device supplied with your RM ClassBoard or RM ClassPad when prompted to do so.
|Check that InterWrite has recognised the Bluetooth RM ClassBoard or RM ClassPad|
- Click the pink InterWrite icon that appears in the System Tray or Notification area at the bottom right corner of the screen and select Devices.
- If the RM ClassBoard or RM ClassPad is listed as Connected, then InterWrite has recognised RM ClassBoard or RM ClassPad and the pen should move the cursor. If the device is listed as Connected but the pen does not move the cursor, check you have a working battery in the pen:
- On the RM ClassBoard, the red LED on the pen will flash four times when the pen is put back together if there is a working battery.
- On the RM ClassPad, the Status light will stay on when the pen is pressed to the pad if there is a working battery. On the RM ClassPad, you have the option of using the pen cord to use the power from the RM ClassPad instead of using a battery in the pen.
Thank you for using this article and we hope that it has provided the information or resources that you required to carry out your action.
If you require more information or assistance please have a look at the Other Useful Articles section below to see if any of these provide the answers you are looking for or use our Knowledge Library (www.rm.com/support) to search for the information.
And still . . . If your questions or issue have not been answered or resolved please contact our Support Help Desk on 0845 404 0000 or using our award winning RM Support Online (www.rm.com/support).
If you think that we have missed any information on this article or have any comments on it then please feel free to fill in the 'Feedback' area at the bottom of this page.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...