|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 19 Oct 2006
Last Updated : 28 Apr 2010
Content Ref: TEC781282
The process detailed below is only relevant for Windows computers which were upgraded from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 7.
Note: Windows Vista™ is pre-installed with Internet Explorer 7 and so cannot be un-installed.
To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 and restore Internet Explorer 6:
- From the Start Menu, select the Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Scroll down to Windows® Internet Explorer® 7, select it, and then click Change/Remove.
- When prompted choose Next to start the uninstall process. The first three screens you will see are shown below.
Following the removal of Internet Explorer 7, your system should be automatically taken back to the Internet Explorer 6 without affecting any of your Internet Explorer settings.
If Internet Explorer 7 is not in 'Add or Remove Programs':
- From the Start Menu, select Run.
- Type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe
- Press Enter.
For further information about uninstalling Internet Explorer 7, please click on the link below:
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: IE7, roll, back,