|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 26 Jun 2007
Last Updated : 22 Sep 2011
Content Ref: TEC944343
The InterWrite software contains a driver that is required if you want your RM ClassBoard™ to interact with your computer. This driver must be installed and can be obtained from the InterWrite website (detailed below).
When you first received your RM ClassBoard, this would have come with a GTCO Calcomp InterWrite CD. It is preferable that this CD is not used and that you download the latest version from the InterWrite website. If you do not have access to the Internet to download this software then use the CD; alternatively contact RM Support and we can arrange for the latest version to be shipped to you.
InterWrite website: http://www.einstruction.com
It is possible to install just the driver from the download and not the full InterWrite application, but this process is only recommended for experienced users who can perform a custom installation. The instructions below are for a standard and complete installation.
Note: In with the original documentation and CD there is a software licence certificate, which has the authorisation code printed on it. You will need this code in order to fully licence the InterWrite software. Do not discard the original software and documentation and ensure that it is stored in a secure place.
Before you start the download and installation, you should ensure that you are logged in to the computer with administrative rights, as during the installation files will need to be written to the C:\ drive to which access is normally denied on network computers.
- RM SchoolShare™ network - ensure that you are logged in as Manager.
- Community Connect® 3 network - ensure that you are logged in as SystemAdmin.
- Peer to peer and server based networks - contact your network administrator for advice.
- Standalone computers - access to the C:\ drive is normally available by default. Ensure that you are not a limited user before commencing with the instructions below.
|Downloading the InterWrite software|
- Browse to the InterWrite website using the link www.einstruction.com. The image shows the main page. Click on Support and then Downloads.
- For Microsoft® Windows® operating systems, select the Download button for Workspace software. The latest version is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
- If you are using Mac or Linux operating systems, the list also mentions the operating system that the software version has been made for.
- You may be prompted to allow pop ups before being prompted to Save. Select the yellow bar that has appeared at the top of the Web page to allow these and select Download again.
- When prompted to select Run, Save or Cancel, select Save.
- Select a location to save the file to.
- For the purpose of this article, the file is saved to the Desktop for ease of access.
- A new window will now appear stating that the download is in progress.
- You will see the green progress bar move from left to right.
- The time it takes for files to download depends on your Internet connection; allow this download to complete.
- During the download process your PC may be slower than normal. This is expected and your PC will return to normal once the download is complete.
The software is now downloaded onto your machine. The next step is to install, please follow the guide below.
|Installing the InterWrite software|
Now that the software has downloaded we can begin the installation process.
- Double-click the icon on your Desktop.
- When prompted by the Open File - Security Warning, select Run.
- Allow the InstallShield Wizard and the Windows Installer to prepare the installation
- The InstallShield is the first window to appear; this is then proceeded by the Windows Installer window.
- Select Next at the InterWrite Workspace - InstallShield Wizard window.
- Read the terms of the License Agreement and if you agree to them, place the radio button in the 'I accept the terms in the license agreement', then select Next.
- If you do not accept the terms of the License Agreement then you cannot continue with the installation.
6. At the next window, ensure that the radio button is set to Complete and select Next.
7. At the 'Ready to Instal'l window, select Install to begin the installation of the InterWrite software.
8. You will now see the Installing InterWrite Workspace InstallShield window appear with a status bar that will fill from left to right as the installation happens.
- During this time you may see a decrease in your PC's performance. This is expected and your PC will return to normal once the installation is complete.
9. At the end of the process you will see the InterWrite Workspace InstallShield Wizard Completed, click Finish here to complete the installation.
10. You can now start using InterWrite Workspace and your RM ClassBoard. You will now notice on your Desktop there is an icon for Interwrite Workspace. There is also an icon in your SystemTray, which is located in the lower right of the screen where the time/date normally is and you can access InterWrite Workspace through Start, All Programs, InterWrite Learning, InterWrite Workspace.
11. You can now start using InterWrite Workspace and your RM ClassBoard. You will now notice on your Desktop there is an icon for Interwrite Workspace. There is also an icon in your SystemTray, which is located in the lower right of the screen where the time/date normally is and you can access InterWrite Workspace through Start, All Programs, InterWrite Learning, InterWrite Workspace.
To check that the installation has been successful, launch the software from your PC by either:
- Double-clicking the InterWrite Workspace icon on your desktop.
- Right-clicking the icon in your SystemTray and select Interactive Mode.
- Selecting Start, All Programs, InterWrite Learning, InterWrite Workspace, Interactive Mode.
Once the toolbar has loaded onto the right-hand side, select either the pen or the highlighter option. Now go to the board and start writing or drawing.
Note: At this point the RM ClassBoard will not be calibrated and the cursor on the board may not align to where you are pressing on the board. Please see the Other Useful Articles section below.
Hopefully at this point you have now downloaded and installed InterWrite Workspace for your RM ClassBoard. The next step is to start using the board and interacting with your class.
Please see Other Useful Articles below for any troubleshooting documents you may require. If these articles do not answer your question, then please contact RM Support on 0845 404 0000 and a call can be raised for you to speak with a whole class teaching engineer.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: inter write, inter, write, work, space