Managing Community Connect 3 for Technicians
This course provides technical advice and practical experience of operating and administering Community Connect 3 networks.
This course is tailored for network managers and technicians who are new to RM Connect™ networks and are responsible for supporting one or more Community Connect 3™ networks.
|Cost||£885 (plus VAT)|
This course is not bookable online. Please contact us to express your interest in this course
Attendees should be responsible for supporting one or more Community Connect 3 networks and have some Microsoft® Windows® experience.
Please note: Individuals with prior experience of supporting an RM Connect 2.4™ network should attend the Moving Forward with Community Connect 3 course.
The key objective of this course is to develop understanding of Community Connect 3 and leave attendees confident and practiced in the effective administration of Community Connect 3 networks.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Support pupils and teachers in their use of Community Connect 3.
- Maintain a Community Connect 3 network and its reliability.
- Add users and manage essential security settings.
- Implement resource management for sharing computers and files.
- Manage workstations, printers and software.
- Protect the network with backup and restoring systems.
- Customise Community Connect 3 networks with RM Type Manager.
There will be an opportunity to sit the RM Certified Network Technician examination at the end of the course.
INTRODUCTION TO NETWORKS
- An introduction to Community Connect 3 network components.
- Exploring RM network components and links between these components.
MANAGING YOUR NETWORK
- Maintaining your network using RM Support Online resources.
- Key software upgrade methods.
- Methods for adding users to community Connect 3 networks.
- User components and security features.
- Tailoring the desktop environment for different user types.
- Shared area creation.
- Setting up printers, programs and files on different workstation types for use both in and out of school.
- Building and restoring workstations on Community Connect 3 networks.
- An introduction to adding extra applications to Community Connect 3 networks.
- Management of the Backup system on a Server.
- Protecting Community Connect 3 networks from viruses.
CUSTOMISING YOUR NETWORK WITH RM TYPE MANAGER
- Using RM Type Manager to customise a user's logon process.
- Getting the most out of RM Type Manager.
This course can be delivered onsite for £4500. This price includes kit hire for the duration and training for up to 10 delegates. You will also have the opportunity to discuss your training requirements with your trainer prior to the course being delivered. Please contact RM Training on 01235 826125 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book an onsite course.
RM Training Terms and Conditions of Sale