LEGO WeDo Construction Set
The WeDo Construction Set enables students to build and program simple LEGO models that are plugged into a computer. The set contains more than 150 elements, including a motor, motion and tilt sensors, and the LEGO USB Hub. Combine with the LEGO Activity Pack to carry out 12 theme-based activities.
LEGO WeDo Activity Pack and Software - Easy-to-use software and 12 theme-based activities for the WeDo Construction Set in one package! The drag-and-drop software, powered by LabVIEW, is icon-based and provides an intuitive programming environment. Features the digital Getting Started Guide with building tips and programming examples. Activities are divided into four themes: Amazing Mechanisms, Wild Animals, Play Soccer and Adventure Stories and provide up to 24 hours of instruction and project-based learning. Teacher notes, glossary and building instructions included.
- Programming, using software, designing and creating a working model
- Use software to acquire information
- Use feedback to adjust a programming system output
- Working with simple machines, gears, levers, pulleys, transmission of motion
- Measuring time and distance, adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, estimating, randomness, using variables
- Narrative and journalistic writing, storytelling, explaining, interviewing, interpreting
WeDo class and starter sets
Good value can be found in these sets which combine the software, site licence and enough construction sets for your group in one handy pack. A 1/2 class set contains 6 construction sets and the full class set has 15 construction sets. The starter set comprises of a construction set and the software; it is suitable for 2-3 students to work with.
Additional Sensors and USB Hubs
Extra tilt and motion sensors can be ordered individually, as can USB hubs.