The RM Content Access Tool (CAT) is required to run certain RM software titles:
- DiscoverAlive 14-16 English
- DiscoverAlive 14-16 Mathematics.
N.B. The CAT must be installed on every workstation (within and beyond the school) that will run the RM content.
There are 2 versions of the Content Access Tool:
- Standard Content Access Tool
- Content Access Tool for RM Community Connect 3 (CC3) networks.
Please uninstall all previous versions of the "DiscoverAlive Access Tool" or "RM Content Access Tool" prior to installation of this version on each workstation.
Content Access Tool - Standard (for non-CC3 networks)
Please click on the first link below to install the DiscoverAlive 14-16 Access Tool.
Content Access Tool for CC3 networks
Please download the zip file from the second link below and follow the instructions:
CC3 CAT Installation Instructions
The RM Content Access Tool (CAT) for CC3 networks consists of a number of files and folders, so it has been supplied as a zip file. To allocate it to clients on a CC3 network, please follow the instructions below:
1. Create a new folder on your CC3 server and extract all files from the zip into it. You can do this in Windows Explorer by simply opening the zip file, copying the files inside and pasting them to your new folder.
2. Run the RM Installation Assistant.exe file, which should now be in the location you extracted the files to. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the CC3 package for the CAT to your CC3 server.
3. You may now delete the temporary folder you created to extract the CAT installer to, if you wish.
4. The CAT will now be in the RMPackages folder. You can then allocate it out to clients in the usual way.