Music, games, iMessage, HD video recording - iPod touch has fun written all over it.
Brilliant new design
Thinnest, lightest iPod touch ever.
For the first time, iPod touch is made from the same kind of anodised aluminium used in the MacBook line. And it's made the same way too: by machining the enclosure from a single piece of aluminium. Which means the first thing you'll notice about iPod touch is its barely-there weight. Then its super-smooth finish. Then all those Apple details - like the highly polished bevelled edges. And iPod touch is made from one of the strongest grades of aluminium there is. Which means that it not only looks and feels incredible, it's tough enough to tag along
4-inch Retina display
iPod touch now has a bigger, 4-inch Retina display, so all your fun takes on a bigger size. Your scientific investigations or creating next piece of art - everything is sharp, vivid, and lifelike. And the new display is a perfect widescreen fit for your watching because now you can view them all without letterboxing.
New iSight camera
The iSight camera on iPod touch packs 5 megapixels - seven times more than the previous generation - and takes such great shots, you can ditch your point-and-shoot camera for good.
Advanced optics, tap to focus, an LED flash, and face detection help you get the shot every time. The iSight camera shoots 1080p HD video, and the front camera gets a boost for better FaceTime calls. And you can edit, crop, and enhance your photos right from iPod touch using the Photos app.
|All-new Apple EarPods
Apple designers and engineers tested 124 different prototypes of the EarPods on over 600 people to create the all-new Apple EarPods. The result? A really comfortable fit and incredible sound.
||Dual-core A5 chip
Dual-core A5 chip provides up to twice the processing power and up to seven times faster graphics than the previous generation. Also, the A5 chip isn't a power hog, you get the same great battery life: up to 40 hours of music or 8 hours of video on a single charge*.
So much fun. So much to touch. With so many educational applications available for free download - iPod touch provides a fantastic mobile, solution allowing students to learn anywhere - putting information and educational resources at their fingertips. Long life batteries mean iPod touch will last throughout the school day with no need for charging.
- High quality camera with all the functionality of a compact - 2 devices in 1!
- Use Face-time across the curriculum to practice modern foreign languages or to stage a business video conference call
- With Retina display, the new iPod touch will provide students with a true lifelike experience when using it for scientific investigations or creating their next piece of art
- Long battery life so you don't need to recharge the iPod touch during the school day
- A wide range of education apps are available from the App Store for easy download with many being far more cost efficient compared to software for computers
- Light enough to carry around easily