Wordshark is a computer program to help you read and spell.
It uses 55 specially designed games to teach and to reinforce reading and spelling using 9,000 pre-recorded words grouped in specially selected word lists. You can also add your own words.
The numerous permutations of games and word lists create both variety and motivation.
- a high quality phonics approach to reading based on 'Letters and Sounds'.
- Different games include blending sounds into words for reading and also segmenting into sounds and syllables for spelling.
- All common letter patterns and auditory patterns are covered, also spelling rules, homophones, alphabet and dictionary skills.
- The tailored games and structured word lists make Wordshark especially useful for students with dyslexia as well as for general use.
- The games are excellent for use on an interactive whiteboard and children enjoy playing the games on the big screen. An on-screen keypad is provided with the program.
- The program has an A4 size manual with advice on use of the program. There are also on-screen help boxes for every game as well as pop-up teaching notes.
- Variable speeds and other options meet all levels of skill.