Data Storage and Backup Solutions for Schools
Performance and reliability at an affordable price
Robust, Reliable and fully Configurable
It's estimated that data storage requirements will grow by 75% over the next three years. Are you ready to keep up with this growth?
The purchasing decisions you make today, with limited budgets, will need to be future-proofed to ensure the best return on investment. There are a number of storage solutions available and when selecting one, many factors need to be considered including flexibility, reliability, scalability, performance, total cost of ownership and ease of management.
NAS (Network Attached Storage) - storage can be shared by multiple devices on a network. It is scalable so relatively simple to add extra storage (up to 64TB). However, NAS only offers file level transfer and its performance depends on your networks bandwidth. If heavy demands are made on a NAS box, then data bottlenecks can occur and a SAN would be a better solution.
SAN (Storage Area Network) - provides a centralised pool of disk storage, which connects to multiple servers. It uses iSCSI protocol, which is faster and can share storage more efficiently and be allocated more flexibly. This offers numerous benefits:
· Lower cost of ownership
· Fewer servers
· High Level of redundancy
· Easier management
· Highly Scalable (up to 288TB storage capacity)
· Easy access to data
SANs tend to be the most expensive storage solutions to deploy, but the improvements you gain mean that you can soon get payback on your initial investment
· Work on any network (including RM's Community Connect)
· Are tried and tested within education
· Are configurable to meet your individual needs
RM has a range of data storage solutions depending on your requirements:
· RM Nasbox (NAS) - a simple, entry level, cost effective solution for schools with restricted budgets.
· EMC Clarrion SAN Range - a fully expandable, future proofed storage solution with high performance & fault tolerance.
· HP P2000 G3 SAN - a great entry-level SAN offering fault tolerance, flexibility and expandable storage.
Have a look at our case studies, research and more background information on storage needs in education
School Backup Solutions & Data Recovery
RM's research has shown that the majority of schools are worried about their backup and data recovery strategy and most do not have a written strategy agreed with their Senior Leadership Team. Does your school backup solution pass the Becta test?
RM School Backup Solutions:
- Are flexible to allow you to choose the backup solution most suited to your needs
- Are tried and tested within education
- Will help you to meet the Becta backup guidelines
- Forms part of an 'RM Infrastructure solution' - your one stop shop for all your networked hardware, software supporting services
RM offers a range of options perfect for education:
- Internal server backup - choose from RDX hard disk drive backup (fast, robust and reliable) and LTO tape (still the best for large capacity backups)
- RM's Disk to Disk to Tape Solution (D2D2T) - simplifies and centralises backup; perfect for schools struggling to keep up with ever increasing amounts of data
- Symantec Backup Exec, RM Diskbox XL and Tape Libraries - for those that already have a Disk to Disk to Tape solution but want to upgrade
- RemoteSafe - a remote storage service for your most important data
Find out more about RM School Backup Solutions
© RM Education 1997 - 2013