- A Mac is better at the things you do every day, like surfing the web, checking email and working with Microsoft Office files.
- With a Mac you can do amazing things with photos, movies and music - straight out of the box.
- Advanced technologies such as the latest processors and next-generation graphics come as standard.
- The operating system, Mac OS X Lion, is tailor-made to help you get the most from your Mac.
Better. Faster. Easier.
Mac OS X Lion is an even more powerful and refined version of the worldʼs most advanced operating system. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable and easier to use. It offers hundreds of enhancements, out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange and new core technologies that take advantage of the powerful hardware in every Mac.
It just works.
The Mac operating system Mac OS X provides a familiar interface, consistent menu commands, and tight integration between applications. It has never been so easy to connect to peripherals such as printers, digital cameras and wireless networks. Since the software on every Mac is created by the same company that makes the Mac itself, you get a completely integrated computer that's as secure, stable and powerful as it is elegant and easy to use, which means more time to focus on teaching and learning.
The incredible new iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand.
All part of iLife ʼ11. All part of every new Mac.
Every Mac includes iLife, a suite of digital content creation applications that enables teachers to design even more engaging lessons and students to create even more dynamic projects.
iLife ʼ11 helps you do more with photos, movies and music than you ever thought possible. In iPhoto, you can browse, edit and share your photos in stunning new full-screen views. Create epic Hollywood-style movie trailers from your home video in iMovie. And GarageBand gives you everything you need to make a great-sounding song - including tools for keeping your song in perfect rhythm and guitar and piano lessons.
- Easily create fun, Hollywood-style movie trailers.
- Produce the perfect mix with powerful, easy-to-use audio editing controls.
- Give your movie visual effects such as slow motion, a dream haze and instant replay with just a click.
- Quickly find the clips you need with People Finder.
- Turn your video into a broadcast news or sports segment just like those on TV.
- Enjoy stunning new full-screen views for Faces, Places, Events and Albums.
- Email photos using one of eight beautiful Apple-designed themes.
- Share photos with your Facebook friends and see their comments in iPhoto.
- Enjoy a completely new approach to creating professional-quality books and cards.
- Create elegant letterpress cards that look and feel beautiful.
- Easily tighten the rhythm of your audio recordings with Flex Time.
- Re-create the sound of legendary guitar rigs and pedals using new guitar amps and effects.
- Learn to play piano or guitar at your own pace with 22 new Basic Lessons.
- See how youʼve performed and keep track of your progress using "How Did I Play?"
One stop for technical support.
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.¹ Extend the complimentary service and support on your Mac to three years from the original Mac purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan.² You get direct telephone access to Apple experts for technical questions, and you get global repair coverage³ - including both parts and labour - for your Mac and select Apple peripherals.
¹ Local telephone fees may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
² See terms at www.apple.com/legal/applecare/appgeos.html for full details. ³ Global repair coverage may be subject
to certain restrictions. See terms for full details.
The most compatible technology ever.
Whether you use Windows for your administrative staff or UNIX in your IT department, or prefer the stability and simplicity of Mac OSX, with the Mac's ability to run multiple operating systems you'll have all these options. The Mac fits smoothly into any networked environment, has the ability to run applications such as Microsoft Office (sold separately) and can easily share files with PCs. The Mac is truly ideal for educators, students and system administrators alike.
Students can buy Microsoft Office for Mac at an amazingly low price from the RM Basement or try spreadsheets, documents and presentations the Apple way with the iWork suite.
Literacy and Learning
The built-in features of Apple products help students get organized, stay focused, and learnin ways that fit their special styles and capabilities.
Apple includes assistive technology in its products as standard features - at no additional cost. For example, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac OS X include screen magnification and VoiceOver, a screen-access technology for blind and low-vision users. Each come with powerful listening comprehension features and tools that are designed to assist deaf or hard-of-hearing students. To assist those with cognitive and learning disabilities, every Mac includes an alternative, simplified user interface that rewards exploration and learning. And, for those who find it difficult to use a mouse, every Mac computer includes Mouse Keys, Slow Keys, and Sticky Keys, which adapt the computer to the user's needs and capabilities.
For more information visit http://www.apple.com/education/special-education/
Accessories and software
Enhance your experience with your Mac further by adding intuitive input devices like the Magic Mouse, or take your creativity to a professional level with Apple's pro applications.