RM EasyMail Plus is an email service designed specifically for education, covering issues that are important to schools.
- It's easy to use - it's clear and obvious how to do everything.
- Very easy to set up users or make changes.
- Keeps kids safe - banned word list and restriction lists configurable by the admin.
- Brilliant anti-spam and anti-virus.
- Email anywhere - in school, at home, on holiday, round a friends house, down the youth club.
- Email on anything - your phone, your minibook, your PC, your laptop, your Mac, Outlook.
- Value for money - no hardware to buy, no additional software, no people costs, no anti-virus or anti-spam solution, no ongoing maintenance; you just pay for the mailboxes.
- Compatible with Microsoft® Outlook
- 1GB mailboxes - keep as many emails as you like, and use folders to organise them.
Take a tour of RM EasyMail Plus
Buy more RM EasyMail Plus Mailboxes, Calendars and additional storage space in the RM Shop
Using RM EasyMail Plus throughout your establishment has loads of benefits; real youngsters to right oldies can use one or other of the user templates. It can be used for teaching in lessons, office use, or at home for emailing friends.
Safety and Security
RM EasyMail Plus protects students using email, but staff can do what they like (if you choose to let them!)
- Email restriction lists
Brilliant filtering technology lets you decide where particular users are allowed to send and receive emails to and from, eg you might want pupils to only be allowed to send and receive email within the school, but let your office staff email anyone they want.
- Banned word filtering
You can also choose restrict email content (banned word filtering) and decide whether you want to allow or deny attachments. If an email contains a number of banned words that is above the user's allowance, the email they have sent or were going to receive is re-directed to the chosen staff ('FilterMaster') account. You can turn this on or off, and choose the number of banned words starting from 0.
- Top quality anti-spam
It delivers very little spam mail due to protection by IronPort® Anti-Spam.
Using their Senderbase® technology they monitor around 80% of the worlds email traffic! Emails from known spam senders are blocked automatically, dramatically reducing the risk of receiving spam emails. We're currently blocking around 95% of all emails as spam. Up to 60 million emails are filtered each week.
- Industry leading virus protection
Built in protection against email viruses is included. All incoming and outgoing emails are scanned for viruses. Any emails found to be containing a possible virus are re-directed to the chosen staff ('FilterMaster') account.
Flexible user interfaces
RM EasyMail Plus provides three design templates for your users, and alos provides the ability to use Microsoft® Outlook if that's your preferred interface.
- Basic template
Designed as a teaching tool for your younger pupils learning to use email in Key Stages 1 and 2, and it adheres to Becta recommendation's. The larger buttons make it easy to use, and the larger fonts and reduced options further simplify use.
- Standard template
Designed for your more confident email users (staff/pupils). It has additional core email features (there are user actions such as forwarding emails, reply to all), while maintaining a level of simplicity.
- Advanced template
Designed for professional email users (staff). It has the same look and feel as the 'standard' template but to make email management easier, has more functionality (eg 'out of office' auto-reply service), and freedom of control over user options (eg ability to apply mailbox filtering rules).
- Microsoft® Outlook (or Outlook Express)
For use by professional email users (staff). This is a local desktop client solution that enables all of the email functionality and benefits of Outlook without the cost of an expensive Microsoft Exchange server behind it. This is particularly useful for those people already familiar with the Outlook look and feel.
Calendar Option available
The Calendar Option is available as an add-on module for the RM EasyMail Plus email service. The RM EasyMail Plus Calendar Option is particularly useful for your staff, although it is also suitable for student use.
- Have a personal calendar
Keep a record of meetings and events.
- Create a task list
Keep track of important deadlines or activities.
- Share calendars
Share with colleagues, giving them access at a level you define. A policy of sharing calendars in your school can save everyone time: shared calendars allow meeting organisers to get arrangements 'right first time', since colleagues availability can be checked before the meeting invitation is sent.
- Create 'resources'
So your establishment can make better use of its facilities and equipment, eg the ICT Suite or the laptop trolley, using the administration account. These resources can be booked automatically by calendar users, giving advantages of convenience for you and a reduced workload for support staff who no longer have to manage booking forms.
- A meeting request
This is sent directly to your inbox when you are invited to a meeting. Then you can simply click a button to acknowledge to the sender that you can attend, and the meeting is automatically entered into your calendar.
COMING SOON: Microsoft® Outlook synchronisation option.
- If you are utilising Microsoft® Outlook to access your RM EasyMail Plus mailbox, you now have the option to synchronise your calendar and contacts too.
- Flexible synchronisation options enabling you to hold local information on your computer and synchronise with your calendar and contacts held within RM EasyMail Plus.
Easy to manage, cost effective email solution
RM EasyMail Plus is really easy to manage - creating a user account can take you less than 17 seconds!
- Administrative activity
This is applied through a Web-based interface and updates occur within seconds.
- Intuitive interface is intuitive
Online help and frequently asked questions are provided to support both you, your administrator and your users.
- Assign a password manager
So there is someone else available who can change forgotten passwords when the domain administrator isn't around.
- No need to buy any additional hardware or software
Plus you don't need to upgrade any existing equipment as it's a managed Web-based service.
- Users can access the service from anywhere at any time
- Set up all your users in one go (bulk upload)
It would take ages to set up email accounts for all your pupils and staff. That's why our 'bulk create' feature allows hundreds of accounts to be set up, modified or deleted in one go, which saves massive amounts of time and effort. This is done from a straightforward .CSV file... very easy to create.
- Allocate users to groups
eg pupils and staff. Changes to email settings, eg turning on/off banned word filtering, can be made to a group and all users in that group will inherit the change. Naturally this makes managing users much easier.
- Drag & drop and right click functions
This saves time and effort when moving your email about or replying to emails. You can drag an email to delete it instead of having to click four times.
- Range of Outlook-style features
You can set signatures, out of office, email filters, or auto-forward emails.
- Password lockout process
Unlocks accounts automatically after a short period of time.
- Ability to send and receive larger emails
The maximum email size is 10MB.
- Low management requirements
The mail store is backed-up and all upgrades are handled centrally by experts.
- Independent of network
- Flexibility over which Web browser you can use
Internet Explorer and FireFox are fully tested and supported; you can also use Opera, Safari, or Chrome.
Flexible mailbox sizes
- We've upgraded our service to include 1GB mailboxes for all users. The only thing we ask is that you make use of folders to organise email as this will help keep things tidy for you.
- If you need it, you can buy more mailbox space to allocate to users.
For Domain Administrators
With a wide range of control options available, the domain administration Web site enables you to provide an email system most appropriate to a user's level of confidence or age.
- Create, delete and modify new mailboxes in bulk
Saving your time, especially at the hectic start of the academic year.
- Choose from three user templates
Please your users by giving them the best template for their needs.
- Allow users to change their own passwords
Saving your time throughout the year.
- Designate a password manager
Save time and frustration by giving another member of staff the ability to change forgotten passwords.
- Apply banned word filtering
Encourage acceptable behaviour by preventing users from sending messages containing offensive words.
- Use and create restriction lists
Gain peace of mind from this security feature, which allows you to control where users can send email to and receive email from.
- Monitor mailbox usage and allocate additional mailbox space
As staff may need larger mailboxes than children.
- Create aliases
Save your users' time by using aliases* instead of multiple mailboxes.
- Use alias names in restriction lists
To control email sent to individuals or groups which use aliases.
- Enable or disable users' ability to send attachments
Encourage acceptable email use by controlling users' ability to send attachments.
- Sort users into groups
Making it easier for you to manage your users.
* An alias is an extra name for an existing mailbox or group of mailboxes. If you create the alias 'headteacher' for your head teacher, all email sent to the anonymous address headteacher@your_domain_name will be directed to your head teacher's personal mailbox. Or you could make it easy to email all of the teachers at your school by creating an alias for them.