|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 15 Apr 2003
Last Updated : 29 Jun 2010
Content Ref: TEC105809
Note: The RM ClassBoards and InterWrite software is supplied by a third party provider, and the latest version can be downloaded at: www.einstruction.com
This document is designed to assist you through the process of updating your InterWrite software. You must already have a version of the InterWrite software installed and working on a PC in order to use this document. Please review the Requirements section below for ways in which you can check your PC for InterWrite software.
If you do not have the software on the PC, or the software has become corrupt and cannot be used, then please review the article titled 'InterWrite Workspace: How to Download and Install - TEC944343' in the Other Useful Articles section below.
There are numerous reasons for downloading and installing updates to the InterWrite software and some of these include:
- New drivers available to improve the response of the RM ClassBoard.
- Additional elements added to the software to make the interactive experience better.
- Fixes to issues discovered within InterWrite software.
For information about known issues with previous releases of InterWrite then please review the article titled 'RM ClassBoard and InterWrite Troubleshooting - TEC35706' in the Other Useful Articles section below.
Note: It is recommended that you check for updates to your InterWrite software on a regular basis so as to ensure that you are using the most current version available.
To be able to install the updates you should already have a version of the InterWrite Learning software installed. There are many methods to check this and these are:
- Look for a pink InterWrite Workspace icon in your SystemTray.
- Click the Start button, select All Programs, select InterWrite Learning and look for InterWrite Workspace from within this folder.
- Click the Start button, select the Control Panel, double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon and look for InterWrite Workspace in the list.
|Before you start the download and installation, you should ensure that you are logged in to the computer with administrative rights, as during the installation files will need to be written to the C:\ drive to which access is normally denied on network computers. |
- RM SchoolShare™ network - ensure that you are logged in as Manager.
- Community Connect® 3 network - ensure that you are logged in as SystemAdmin.
- Peer to peer and server based networks - contact your network administrator for advice.
- Standalone computers - access to the C:\ drive is normally available by default. Ensure that you are not a limited user before commencing with the instructions below.
The method in which the InterWrite software can be updated depends on the version of the software that you have. This article has been written using InterWrite Workspace which was released to the public on 11 May 2007.
Note: Not all versions of the InterWrite software support the feature to 'Check for Updates'. If this feature is not available, then remove the old version of the InterWrite software through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, and then install the new version using the article titled 'InterWrite Workspace: How to Download and Install - TEC944343' in the Other Useful Articles section below.
- Right-click on the pink InterWrite icon in the SystemTray. This is the area in the lower right of the screen where the time/date are normally located.
- From the list select 'Check for Updates'.
- A new WebUpdate window will now open advising that it is downloading and installing update(s).
- This process is not installing the updates and is just searching for downloads on the InterWrite server; it will then download the update information so that it can be displayed in the next instruction.
- The File Progress relates to each individual update there may be.
- The Total Progress relates to the overall progress and includes all updates that are downloading and installing.
- There is no set time as to how long this search will take. You will see the green status bars move from the left to the right during the process so that you can monitor.
- Once the search has completed and if there is an available update you will see a new WebUpdate window advising of the available updates, ensure that all are selected and press the Install button.
- If there are no available updates then you will not see the window demonstrated to the right. The window that you will receive should be the same as in the Checks section later in this article.
- You will see another WebUpdate Downloading and Installing Update(s) window advising that your update is being downloaded.
- At this point your PC will download the available update(s) from the InterWrite Learning server.
- There is no set time as to how long this download will take. You will see the green status bars move from the left to the right during the process so that you can monitor.
- Once the download has completed you will see an InterWrite Workspace InstallShield Wizard window; press the Update button to begin installing the update.
- Once you have pressed the Update button another InterWrite Workspace InstallShield Wizard window will appear showing you the status of the install. There is no set time as to how long this search will take. You will see the green status bars move from the left to the right during the process so that you can monitor.
- Once the installation has completed you will see one more InterWrite Workspace InstallShield Wizard window; press the Finish button here to finalise the installation.
- And the last step is now to close the WebUpdate window which will be in the background during the InterWrite Workspace InstallShield Wizard process. Press the Exit button on this window to close.
Your version of InterWrite Workspace should now be fully up to date. The easiest way to check to make sure that the updates have completed is to check for updates again following points one to three from the above instructions. If the updates have completed successfully you will see the window to the right.
Thank you for using this article and we hope you found it useful.
If you require more information or assistance please have a look at the Other Useful Articles section below to see if any of these provide the answers you are looking for or use our Knowledge Library (www.rm.com/support) to search for the information.
And still . . . If your questions or issue have not been answered or resolved please contact our Support Help Desk on 0845 404 0000 or using our award winning RM Support Online (www.rm.com/support).
If you think that we have missed any information on this article or have any comments on it then please feel free to fill in the Feedback area at the bottom of this page.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: class board, classpad, install, instruction, interwrite, ad, tablet, driver interactive, mode, pc, whiteboard, interactive, software, version, release, releases, versions, update, updates