- Start with a quick survey as an audit of students' access to ICT - do they have internet access and a suitable device?
(Laptop, Phone, Tablet)
- Create a Google Sheet to act as an address book, which is set as READ to all students and EDIT to all staff.
- Populate the Sheet with a list of all staff names.
- Place a link to the Sheet either as a tile on RM Unify or a link on a school web site.
- Individual teachers create a new Google Meet session, get the URL and paste into the Google Sheet adjacent to their name.
- Students go to the same sheet, click on the link to enter the Google Meet session.
- The teacher can then use Google Meet to talk to the virtual classroom, and share content on their screen.
- It is recommended staff ask students to switch their microphones OFF unless they have a question, to avoid background noise.
David joined RM Education as a Senior Educational Consultant after a successful career as a Science and Maths teacher. He is an experienced Google Cloud Solutions Architect, regularly presenting G Suite seminars at Google HQ, and supports Local Authorities and schools with strategic planning and large scale implementations.
Senior Educational Consultant