Google Hangouts and recording meetings Using Breakout Rooms in Google Meet Securing your meetings and preventing malicious activity Using Google Hangouts ChatGoogle Meet vs Google Stream Safeguarding when using Google Meet Maximising student engagement with Nearpod Maximising student engagement with Edpuzzle Sharing a Google Sheet with your whole school
- Start with a quick survey as an audit of students' access to ICT - do they have internet access and a suitable device?
(Laptop, Phone, Tablet)
- Create a Google Sheet to act as an address book, which is set as READ to all students and EDIT to all staff.
- Populate the Sheet with a list of all staff names.
- Place a link to the Sheet either as a tile on RM Unify or a link on a school web site.
- Individual teachers create a new Google Meet session, get the URL and paste into the Google Sheet adjacent to their name.
- Students go to the same sheet, click on the link to enter the Google Meet session.
- The teacher can then use Google Meet to talk to the virtual classroom, and share content on their screen.
- It is recommended staff ask students to switch their microphones OFF unless they have a question, to avoid background noise.
David joined RM Education as a Senior Educational Consultant after a successful career as a Science and Maths teacher. He is an experienced Google Cloud Solutions Architect, regularly presenting G Suite seminars at Google HQ, and supports Local Authorities and schools with strategic planning and large scale implementations.
Senior Educational Consultant