We have put together these frequently asked questions to explain in further detail the changes we are making to connectivity, RM SafetyNet and user-based filtering.
What is changing?
- Pricing for connectivity and RM SafetyNet will now be invoiced separately.
- RM SafetyNet will now be charged on a per pupil price basis – this was previously charged per school. You may see more than one line on your quote, this is because depending on the number of pupils you have at your school will depend on the per pupil price that you’ll pay.
- RM SafetyNet will now integrate user-based filtering (UBF) and SafetyNet Go, which were previously a chargeable extra.
- Both products can continue to be renewed together.
What are the benefits for your school in this change?
- RM SafetyNet including user-based filtering as standard ensures our customers are Keep Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) compliant. Adding RM SafetyNet Go ensures the safety of your pupils whether they are onsite at school or offsite at home.
- As schools tend to be budgeted per pupil, adopting this model helps you compare competitor offerings more easily
- Separating connectivity and RM SafetyNet allows us to reinvest funds more effectively and offer our customers new functionality and features.
What happens if we do not renew RM SafetyNet?
- Operating an unfiltered line leaves your school vulnerable as pupils may be able to access harmful or inappropriate material.
- Please contact us if you need want to consider other options than RM SafetyNet for your school. We have great partnerships with alternative filtering solutions talk to us if you want to discuss further.
How will this change affect our school?
- As a customer you do not need to take any action.
- Customers will now receive an invoice itemising an individual charge for both RM SafetyNet and connectivity
Why are we making this change?
- Historically the cost of RM SafetyNet was integrated into our connectivity charge, so we were unable to recognise the value it provided.
- Separating connectivity and RM SafetyNet enables us to see the revenue each product generates and gain further product insights.
- Charging per pupil puts us in line with the standard pricing model in our competitive marketplace.
Why is it important we communicate these product changes?
- We believe it is important that customers are made aware of changes to our product portfolio including updates on pricing models as and when they happen.
- Customers will have a better understanding of the reasons why we are altering our pricing model for RM SafetyNet and connectivity.
- Customers will recognise the details on invoices they receive going forward.