The UK educational world is one of uncertainty; uncertainty about funding, about jobs, about curriculum priorities and demands and about central direction and vision. However, the BETT show, whilst recognising all these issues, is not a time for uncertainty or negativity. Indeed the bustling energy of both the main exhibition and the O2 Emporium is infectious and demands that you join in.- Carol Allen, SEN Advisory Teacher, North Tyneside.
I thought this quote from Carol really set the context for today, with the buzz at BETT continuing. Some friends of mine in schools did find it tough to justify a trip to BETT this year, so I hope this blog conveys some of the excitement, some of the buzz and some of the content for those not attending.
What's happening today?
- You could win £20,000 worth of education technology by entering our 'Design Your Ideal Learning Space' competition. Further details on the RM Education stand at BETT, in the RM Learning Emporium in O2, or simply browse our learning space competition page. Closing date: 28 February 2011
- There are educational, commercial and technical experts at BETT (both in the RM Learning Emporium and the RM Education solution showcase) who's job it is to help schools as they develop a direction and vision needed in these turbulent times.
- We've introduced a programme, 'Achieve More With Less', that underpins everything we're doing at RM Education (creative ways for us to reduce costs and pass on the savings, and savings advice, to you). You can find further information on our Money Saving Tips articles throughout this blog.
- The RM Education solution showcase 'landed' on Wednesday (stands C60, D60, E60 - see below) and continues to act as a hub in the main hall.
- Bald heads? On a lighter note, one of our most popular areas has been 'The Studio' where our Apple expert, NTIs Neil Emery, is helping learners use video in really engaging and exciting ways. Feedback is vital to ensure we deliver great experiences in the future, and it's lovely to hear that one pupil, above everything on show, "loved the man with the bald head".