11 January 2024
RM launches our first holistic IT services portfolio which promotes continual improvement across school technology
- NX-Generation Services portfolio encompasses auditing, consultancy, infrastructure management and digital training for staff - ensuring schools' and trusts' technology is fit for future generations
- Services are designed to support multi-academy trusts and schools of all sizes
See here for press kit
London, UK, January 11, 2024: RM Technology, leading Edtech solutions and strategies provider, has today launched NX-Generation Services - its first holistic IT services portfolio which promotes continual improvement across technology, skills and security. NX-Generation services will transform education systems, making them more efficient and equitable.
Research released by the Department for Education (DfE) has found 60% of school leaders believe staff lack confidence and skills with technology, creating a barrier to increased technology usage in schools. The NX-Generation Services portfolio has been specifically designed to give specialised staff training to boost confidence and improve digital safety. The new services portfolio also increases protection against growing cybersecurity threats, as the DfE finds a fifth (19%) of schools' devices have become infected by spyware, malware, or other viruses, in the past year.
By moving away from the traditional break/fix model of IT support, NX-Generation Services future-proofs technology for generations whilst unlocking both cost and time savings. The introduction of AI modules throughout the portfolio, creates a more comprehensive and cost-effective delivery model that will drive down the cost to serve for schools. By harnessing AI Enabled operations, RM’s portfolio aims to improve classroom experiences and streamline administrative tasks.
The NX-Generation hybrid AI-Enabled services help schools improve productivity and operational scalability without increasing costs. The portfolio comprises four main modules, which education providers can mix and match to create a tailored package dependent upon their IT maturity and in-house capabilities. The modules include:
- NX-Gen Discover - Discovery and assessment services designed to independently evaluate the current state of IT within Schools and Trusts. These services include cyber evaluations, technical reviews of existing servers and devices and a digital skills review, offering a snapshot of staff’s current technical knowledge.
- NX-Gen Deliver - IT professional services designed to maximise investment in technology through professional services. This includes IT solutions and cyber consultancy, as well as systems implementation.
- NX-Gen Manage - Management services ensuring fast resolutions and proactive IT support through service desk and in-person support, alongside infrastructure management.
- NX-Gen Enable - Technical skills transfer by providing technical training to teaching staff to boost confidence and improve digital safety in the classroom.
"We're fundamentally changing the way IT is used within schools and trusts, improving IT infrastructure and increasing staff confidence, creating a next generation experience for pupils. Current operating models, particularly in Trusts, are being challenged by rises in energy costs and inflation, and the financial health of institutions is increasingly under pressure."
"With a rise in demand for subscription models, we’re responding with a flexible portfolio that equips school leaders and teachers with innovative technology ecosystems and valuable resources geared towards achieving the best outcomes for pupils. The launch of NX-Generation Services aims to directly address the common challenge that teachers and support staff are spending too much time on getting technology to work for them, rather than focusing on what they do best - delivering exceptional learning experiences."
RM Technology is a Gold Microsoft Partner, Premier Google for Education Partner, and has established strategic partnerships with HP and Aruba. You can find more information on RM Technology’s NX-Generation Services at: https://www.rm.com/services.