It is becoming increasingly recognised that young people need to develop their employability skills, alongside qualifications, in preparation for the world of work and securing a job.
Here at RM Unify we understand the pressure of preparing students for the world of work, so we have pulled together some of the apps available through RM Unify which can help school leaders with work experience provision, CV guides, interview preparation and some top tips on how you make your pupils ready for the often daunting world of work.
The National Foundation for Educational Research recently released a paper on how to provide meaningful work experience for young people as part of 16 to 19 study programmes. The guide offers advice to schools and colleges looking to implement and deliver new work experience opportunities. The guide is well worth a read, providing questions to begin an internal audit of your current work experience provision, and suggesting 7 top tips of how to create more work experience opportunities and deliver them more effectively.
But what can you, as a teacher or senior leader, do in school to make your pupils ready for the world of work? And how can RM Unify help you to do this?
What does it do?
CV Builder guides students through the 8 key sections of CV writing, including training videos from employers revealing the key techniques for effective CV writing, allowing students to create a perfectly formatted, highly professional CV focused on employer needs.
How does it work?
- Provides examples, advice and guidance on language for each step of the CV
- Allows the exporting of CV into multiple MS Word templates for further editing
- Includes a learning library of 100s of articles, videos and audio podcasts all focused on techniques for CV writing
- Includes advice on creation of an effective LinkedIn profile
- Automatically saves the data for each student, so they can return and complete their CV over several days or weeks
- Includes an unlimited number of downloads
Watch a video of the benefits of CV Builder to find out more today.
What does it do?
Interview Simulator improves confidence and competence, increasing the chances of interview success for your pupils.
How does it work?
Improve interview performance
- Take a full interview simulation, under time pressure, recording answers in video, audio or written format, then compare responses to viewpoints from employers
- Simulate a real interview environment with count down time pressure
- Download answers and advice in an interview preparation pack to reinforce learning
Understand what employers expect
- Explore over 100 trusted and regularly used interview questions from hiring managers, find out why they ask them and how to construct a winning response.
- Watch videos from hiring managers within leading multinationals, public sector employers, charities and small-businesses
Learn about interview structures
- Access 100s of articles and short eLearning courses teaching the A-Z of interview practice, from research to body language to confidence building
Watch a video of Interview Simulator to see the benefits it could have in your school.
To find out more about any of these apps or more about how RM Unify could support you in preparing your students for the world of work, please email email@example.com or call us on 0808 172 9525