Terms and conditions of website useBy accessing this website you are accepting and will be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Intellectual Property Rights1.1 All materials (including, without limitation, all designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement) on this website are the copyright of RM Education Ltd ("RM") or its licensors. No material on this website nor any part of it may be copied, reproduced, modified, transmitted, reused, re-posted or used for public or commercial purposes in any form whatsoever, whether physical, electronic or otherwise, without RM's express, prior, written consent. However, where "Printer Friendly" versions of any of the pages of this website are shown to be available, you may print out those pages and keep for your own, non-commercial, use only provided that (a) you do not remove or alter any copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials and (b) all use is for lawful purposes only.
1.2 All brand names, product names and/or service names used in this website are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of RM or its licensors. Any use of any such brand name, product name and/or service name without the express, prior, written consent of RM may constitute an infringement of those rights and RM gives no permission for the use of any such item in any way whatsoever.
2. Limited permission to copy or download2.1 Any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for your own personal, non-commercial use.
2.2 No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other website nor may any of its pages or parts thereof be disseminated in any electronic or non electronic form nor be included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without RM's express, prior, written permission.
2.3 Except to the limited extent set out above, you are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of this website for any other purpose whatsoever without RM's express, prior, written permission.
3. Links to other websites3.1 If this website provides access via hypertext or other links to resources in other websites, such links shall be for browsing only and in so doing RM is not responsible for and does not endorse any linked entities nor authorise any act which may be in breach of copyright or any other third party rights which are protected in law or by international treaties Worldwide. RM does not accept any responsibility or liability for any of the material contained on any third party website. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is entirely at your own risk.
4. Information and general disclaimer4.1 The contents of this website are only for general information or use. They do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. RM uses reasonable care to make sure that the information appearing on this website is accurate and up to date. However, errors and omissions do occur and you should independently verify the accuracy of the information yourself before placing any reliance upon it.
4.2 RM and any other party involved in producing or delivering this website make no warranty that the contents of this website are free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties and users are advised to take all appropriate steps (including the use of up-to-date anti-virus software) to minimise the impact of any such viruses or similar items. RM assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from this website.
4.3 FOR THE REASONS REFERRED TO IN PARAGRAPHS 4.1 AND 4.2 (ABOVE) AND BECAUSE RM DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER THE USE TO WHICH THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE MAY BE PUT, RM HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, GUARANTEES OR REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AS TO THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE AND/OR THE AVAILABILITY OF THIS WEBSITE AND, ACCORDINGLY, RM SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY (SAVE IN RELATION TO (i) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING THROUGH ITS NEGLIGENCE; AND/OR (ii) ANY OTHER MATTER IN RESPECT OF WHICH LAW PRESCRIBES THAT LIABILITY MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED) FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER ARISING AND OF WHATEVER NATURE INCURRED IN THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR IN RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON IT INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF GOODWILL AND/OR LOSS OF PROFITS), ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
4.4 The provisions of paragraph 4.3 (above) shall not affect any express written warranties given by RM in connection with the sale of any product or service.
5. Changes to access or content of the websiteRM may alter without notice the arrangements for access to this website or change the content, presentation and/or facilities of this website.
6. Changes to these terms and conditionsRM may add to or change these terms and conditions without notice. It is your responsibility as a user to refer to these terms and conditions on accessing this website. Changes will be effective immediately after posting to this website and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access this website after that time.
7. Material submitted by users7.1 In the event that any element of this website contains material submitted by users, RM shall not accept any responsibility for the content or accuracy of such material and the views expressed are not necessarily those of RM.
7.2 Any material or information transmitted to or posted to this website by any means will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be disseminated or stored or used by RM for any purpose whatsoever.
7.3 Do not post or transmit to or from this website any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or racist, harmful, threatening or menacing or any other material which could give rise to any civil or criminal liability.
7.4 RM expressly reserves the right at any time and without notice to edit or withdraw any material posted to this website by any user for any reason whatsoever.
9. Access to the websiteRM does not guarantee uninterrupted and/or reliable access to this website and RM makes no guarantees whatsoever as to its operation, availability, functionality or otherwise. Further, RM expressly reserves the right (without giving notice) to discontinue access to this website at any time and for any reason. RM shall have no liability to you in the event that this website is unavailable at any time and whether such non-availability is temporary or permanent.
11. RM Community and its communities ("the Forums")11.1 When using the Forums, you shall at all times adhere to the RM Community Rules (available at http://community.rm.com/community/) and any additional Forums' house rules (available from the Forums' home pages) as applicable.
11.2 Users of the Forums may provide links to third party websites and applications that are not owned or controlled by RM. When you access third party websites and any applications, you do so at our own risk. It is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each third party website that you visit or any applications or scripts that you use or download.
11.3 RM has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy, privacy policies, or practices of or opinions expressed by users of the Forums or on third party websites accessed via the Forums.
11.4 You expressly relieve and hold harmless RM from any and all liability arising from your use of any scripts, content or third party websites.
11.5 Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Forums are solely between you and any such organizations and/or individuals. You agree that RM shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between you and any third party, You understand and agree that RM is under no obligation to become involved, even where such matters relate to accumulation of rewards such as in-forum badges and kudos points. In the event that you have a dispute, or if RM becomes involved in a dispute due to your use of the Forums, you hereby release RM, its officers, employees, contractors and agents from claims, demands, and damages (direct, indirect and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or service.
11.6 RM cannot guarantee that offensive or inappropriate content will not be published on the Forums and therefore advises that those aged under 18 do not access the Forums.
11.7 Users of the Forums will include RM staff. Information and unvalidated scripts provided by RM staff within the Forums is provided 'as is' and the disclaimer set out in section 4.3 of these terms and conditions shall apply.
11.8 Forum and script moderation will be carried out by community moderators, who will be chosen from the Forums' user groups at RM's absolute discretion.
11.9 Moderators will have the absolute right to remove content from the Forums and user profiles. Content is most likely to be removed if it is breaks the applicable RM Community or house rules or is deemed to be unacceptable content. Unacceptable content is defined as any material of any nature whatsoever which is or contains any material that: (i) is or may be defamatory, libellous, obscene, in contempt of court or in contravention of any law or regulation or infringes the rights of any third party; (ii) promotes violence or discrimination based on race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical disability, mental disability, age or which promotes any illegal activities; or (iii) is Malware.
11.10 Moderators will have the right to recommend to RM that a user's access rights be removed for any reason, but particularly if users break the applicable RM Community or house rules or post unacceptable content. Users whose access rights are removed and reinstated may lose profile data such as badges and kudos points.
11.11 Any decision RM makes to remove or request the removal of content or access rights shall be final and binding.
11.12 RM may offer incentives and rewards to users with particular badges or quantities of kudos points. Such rewards and incentives are awarded at RM's discretion. No monetary value shall be attached to them and they cannot be exchanged for credit or cash. RM shall not be liable for the loss of badges or kudos points.
11.13 The RM Community has been designed to support account creation and single sign-on via RM Unify. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to RM creating user accounts for you in RM Unify (RM Unify terms and conditions).
11.14 To participate in the RM Community, you must represent an educational establishment.
12. Rights of third partiesBoth RM and you expressly agree to waive any rights that they may have under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to bring a claim in respect of any other agreement entered into between RM and you in relation to the subject matter of these terms and conditions and further agree that all third parties shall be expressly excluded from bringing a claim under the said Act in relation to these terms and conditions and/or your use of this website.
13. Invalidity of termsIf any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
14. Law14.1 English Law shall govern these terms and conditions and any dispute arising from such use or otherwise in connection with this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
14.2 Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 14.1 (above), you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws relating to the use of or otherwise connected with this website. To the extent that this website or any activity contemplated by it would infringe any law of a jurisdiction other than England, then you are prohibited from accessing this website or attempting to carry on any such offending activity and this provision shall override all other provisions of these Terms and Conditions.